View Single Post
Old 12-10-2003, 04:16 PM
Senior Ledgie

Unhappy

Quote:
as bad as Wacko Jacko
Quote:
I also remember thinking that he should have asked for his money back!!!
Quote:
For that and alot of other times he has paid people to make him look good
I noticed that the mere mention of the name "Michael Jackson" resulted in the array of anti-MJ comments quoted above. I know this is a Fleetwood Mac forum, but somehow the anti-MJ sentiment leaked in, which has opened the door for me to defend MJ. The most annoying aspect of anti-MJ comments in general is that they are seldom if ever founded in fact--they only make grave assumptions.

1. The first negative comment, within the same post as the first mention of MJ, is "as bad as Wacko Jacko". This unfortunate nickname implies that MJ is "crazy," a term most commonly used by laypeople to describe people exhibiting sociopathic, psychopathic, and or schizophrenic behavior. However, MJ has never exhibited any such "crazy" or "wacko" behavior. He is, at worst, eccentric.

And before criticizing MJ's lifestyle choices, let's not forget that MJ had no real childhood to speak of, that he was always performing in front of 1000s, his father forbade him to play games, made fun of MJ at every opportunity, and also beat him with such objects as a belt and an electrical cord. In fact, the abuse was so horrible that it eventually caused MJ to gag upon even seeing his father; this is a psychosomatic reaction that clearly shows the severe psychological trauma inflicted on young MJ. This also helps explain MJ's current childlike behavior and attitude.

The comment I quoted also suggests MJ looks bad. Well, that is nothing but a subjective opinion. Why not, instead, say he looks "unconventional"?

2. The second and third comments imply that MJ does not look good AND that "looking good" was his goal. Before and especially after his first surgery (nose), around the time of Thriller (ca 1984), MJ was quite good-looking by conventional standards. So if he kept getting all of this surgery, while being a heartthrob, I think the conclusion is that MJ was not trying to "look good". Specifically, I think MJ is trying to look like Peter Pan (the eternal child) as part of his attempt to experience a childhood he never had. It fits not only his apparent psychology (witness some of the comments he made on the ABC special: "I am Peter Pan at heart", e.g.), it also fits physical evidence: for instance, his ranch suggests strongly, and above anything else, that he is trying to recapture a childhood he never had.

I also suggest you visit this website: geocities.com/plabcures/peterpan.html . It presents a convincing photo-analysis of MJ's face.

Ok. Flame away. I'll be waiting to defend my arguments and face more anti-MJ commentary.

Last edited by misterbug; 12-10-2003 at 04:39 PM..