View Single Post
Old 08-15-2022, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Interesting, I never noticed this until you mentioned it. Yes, those two songs are definitely working in the same idiom. Not identical twins but certainly siblings with similar features. As much as I love EOTW on the album, the live performance of it on the Mirage concert video is so much more exciting because the whole band is working together. You can hear Christine’s sparkling keyboards, Stevie’s raw and rowdy harmonies—it’s just so exciting. The studio version misses the opportunity to bring in the three-part harmonies. It’s another case of Lindsey’s desire to do a quasi-solo album within a FM record.

Love in Store is the perfect opener. Never has Stevie’s presence on a Christine song lifted the tune from pleasant to such incredible pop heights. The simple, effective guitar and the throbbing rhythm section make a perfect setting for this ditty. LIS has never gotten its due. Had it been a video, it likely would have made a more lasting impression.

I really wish the band had included its after-hours, bluesy rendition of Beauty and the Beast. As impressive as it is closing THE WILD HEART, the FM version taps into something earthier, an experience more connected to sex and the body. They should have dumped Oh Diane.

Each of the writers should have had four songs each. Would never happen in Lindsey world.
I don't think they're even cousins. Maybe 3rd cousins, twice removed. A cousin Jerry Lee Lewis would marry... Yeah, they're both in the key of A. That's about it.

As many have mentioned over the years, LIS sounds like it's not finished. I LOVE it, but it's no Hold Me or Gypsy. Sounds like Lindsey got tired, and stopped a couple steps shy of masterpiece.

WH's B&B is the best. It still draws me back to that moment in time, and I can easily cry upon hearing it. When Stevie was still an artist.

You go with your strong suit. Lindsey's world made the right Ayatollah decisions. We wouldn't still be talking about them when they're 100, if he hadn't. They OWE him, BIG TIME. Especially the old goat...