View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I used to skip about 1/3 the album when it first came out but listened to the other 2/3 all the time. But now I dig all of it—except “Oh Diane” (which I never liked) and “Straight Back” (which I used to like). Side 1 is especially cool. But “Eyes” on side 2 is also great.

I’ve always dug “Only Over You” primarily because of the surprise of her voice ascending in such a sexy way. It’s like: “oh, we’ve entered a room where people are doing adult things...” After the initial embarrassment of hearing her sing/moan, I couldn’t turn away. Voyeur?
Oh Diane, I've only slightly come to like it. It's such a weird song on this album. (But, Mirage is weird).

OOY and WYWH are beautiful songs. After hearing it live with the passion she sang it with during BUCKVIE, I might say WYWH is my favorite. OOY that outro grabs me. Pure Buckvie on both outros.

The chemistry between Buck and McVie is kind of amazing. I'm glad Stevie was absent a lot of the time. The other two really shine on Tango and Mirage.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 08-03-2022 at 08:04 AM..