View Single Post
Old 06-20-2022, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
Steve your being a contrarian has nothing to do with a difference of opinion, it is your complete refusal to reason, or hold a debate based on logic and/or stay on point.
What point? That I don’t dig the prerecords? Enough has come out that the band didn’t dig them, either. It’s goofy, especially for someone who claims to be an artistic genius. Just rearrange the songs, i.e. “Over My Head” 75-77. There are plenty of artists who do actual art out there. Also, Clapton, Winwood, Pearl Jam, and CSNY are going to be pissed at being called F-List celebrities.

Quote:
It's ****ing exhausting and every time you bring up some F-grade musician that no one on this board cares about as a means to somehow strengthen your argument.
Lindsey is claiming to be something he’s not and there are countless examples of artists who prove it every single day. Sorry you’re too lazy to figure out that point.

Quote:
But ok, you know Broadway, you know what constitutes music and art.
“Broadway” was Lindsey’s comment, not mine. Broadway, to me, isn’t rock.

For the record, I wrote off Fleetwood Mac in 2006 unless Christine ever came back. I was and am kind of sick with both Stevie and Lindsey.

Quote:
I think I've finally settled my opinion after nearly 20 years of reading your crap. You're right, we're all wrong. Lindsey is trash, Stevie is the reason Fleetwood Mac is successful blah blah blah....
If you’ve paid any attention to my posts over the past 20 years, I typically give credit to Mick, John, and Christine for that, but go on…

Quote:
I have never disagreed with you more, Brett has passed away I booked flights from Broken Hill Australia, in the middle of the outback to Paris to see the European tour. Our band is dying and you bring up Richard Thompson...... **** off.
This discussion predates Brett’s passing and has nothing to do with him. The first time I ever saw Brett and actually met him was at a Mick Fleetwood’s Zoo show in 1992, five years before he was part of Fleetwood Mac’s entourage. I was thrilled for him that he got to be part of it.

Quote:
and frankly after 20 years on this board and as one of the most respectful posters god I'm sick of you. Imagine if the young impressionable fan I was in 2002 listened to your opinion over ChilliD.... what a warped view of the history of the band I would have.
Hate to tell you, but SteveD agreed with me on Lindsey. We were both posting on FM News on FB about being okay with Finn and Campbell. He was thrilled Lindsey was out of the band. In fact, we agreed on almost all of the band’s history.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 06-20-2022 at 06:54 PM..