Thread: All Over Again
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2022, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I've never understood that missed opportunity. You can see there's a powerful artistic bond there.
True but I can see how it did not happen. Women were still struggling to be treated equally as rockers in the 70s. It would have been considered "cute" for the 2 women to have a song together. Then super stardom hit. They only gave Stevie 3 songs and I doubt she wanted to share that small space with someone else. Post Bella Donna, the others did not want to look like they were using Stevie's limelight to make their song a success. Stevie never had a lead single off any Mac album. And she was only given 1 lead song off the double album Tusk (Angel). You could tell the band went to great lengths to not showcase her as a focal point of the band even though it happened anyway. Post Bella Donna it was never going to happen. Now during BTM era, it should have happened, but Stevie was so drugged out of it, its probably a good thing it never happened. Looking back, yes its probably a missed opportunity. But as the years rolled along, I can see why it never happened. Stevie even barely was in the studio for Tango let alone a joint venture with Chris. The band also edited out or way turned down her back up vocals on many Mac songs. Coincidence? I think not. Stevie was on the original Hold Me demo. It sounds great with only Chris and Lindsey but the Mac did not want Stevie's super stardom to rain on their parade.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-31-2022 at 05:11 PM..