View Single Post
Old 04-16-2022, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
While the song didn’t impress me much, I thought it was super cool to see them sing a full duet. I really wish they had sang As Long As You Follow; not only is it one of my favorite songs, but also they’ve never performed it live and it seemed an appropriate song choice for the finale. Plus it’s a song they both recorded.

Since I wasn’t familiar with All Over Again, I was actually really glad they put the lyrics on the screen- I didn’t think it was done so we could sing along, I though it was so we would know what they were saying. I also thought it was pretty powerful they chose a song from their least known album to close the set. Pretty nervy, in fact. We were all expecting Songbird and instead we got a duet with Christine and Stevie.
What was the message of All Over Again? In spite of the heartaches, they'd fire Lindsey all over again?
All Over Again got dropped in March of 2019. Not sure why.

I wasn't expecting Songbird because I knew they stopped playing it in 2015 because Christine was experiencing pain in her hands or fingers while playing it.

I don't think it was a nervy choice. They closed the show with Goodbye Baby in 2003/2004 and Say Goodbye in 2013 and those are not well known songs.

I do think As Long as You Follow would've been a great closer. I get not playing a song from Say You Will, even with 2 songs from SYW on the 50 Year compilation, but leaving out Behind the Mask I think was wrong. They should've done 3 BTM songs instead of the 3 Lindsey songs.