Thread: FM takes on…
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2022, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I can see/hear Lindsey's voice on REM songs. Not sure why. I suppose Stipe's voice is similar to Lindsey. I also think the music is something Lindsey would do too.

I think Heart did a great job on These Dreams. It was perfect for Nancy Wilson. OMG just because it was a hit with Heart does not mean Stevie's version would be. I can see why she passed on the song. The song is a long list of cheezy metaphors. I dont think she could pull off such a song. With Heart's version, you dont notice the cheeze of the lyrics and it works fairly well as a magical song. I think Stevie's voice would have everyone focusing on the lyrics. Many would have thought Stevie was out of ideas and cashing in on her biggest hit Dreams. Her RAL raspy fried voice would not do the song any favors either. As bad as it could have been, I probably would have still taken it over Talk To Me

Stevie's biggest blunder in passing songs was not taking Love Will Find A Way. It was actually written specially for her to sing. But she passed on it and Yes did it and it sounds great. You just wonder what her version would have been.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrowi4hHz8A

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-20-2022 at 11:52 AM..