View Single Post
Old 02-16-2022, 06:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
wait, what? I've heard her talk about how SHE thought Robin was around as a ghost, rocking the cradle and all that.... but don't recall hearing that he thought she WAS Robin....
During her peak klonopin addiction and bottom of her career (1992) she did an interview with a wicked British guy who got her to admit many controversial things. I think I remember her bashing this guy when she got clean. I think she said he took advantage of her. The interview used to be on youtube in 4 parts but was mysteriously removed. The interview was fascinating. She talked about Don Henley outing her about her abortion and the only reason she talks about that is because he outed her. But the crazy part was her marrying Kim. She stated he got very controlling and would not let he see baby Mathew without permission. Then he once called her Robin and she got weirded out that he was thinking she was Robin. She said she just went on the road and left everything behind. The interview was sort of like when Martin Bashir interviewed Michael Jackson. He really asked her about her personal and controversial things. He even commented she seemed out of it or something along those lines. Or what happened to this rock goddess. She also mentioned how crazy she was and had to purposely evade her father when he was on the Wild Heart tour first few weeks, etc.

Now here is the part I always wondered about and this recent story helps you connect the dots. Stevie was a big drug addict during this time. I assume Kim also was into drugs? I just cant see how you would not be into drugs marrying someone like this. Her break up from Kim was on the road. The entertainment tonight episode filmed early in the Wild Heart tour mentions she got out of her marriage. I saw an early Wild Heart Show that was terrible. As soon as Gold Dust Woman was over she told the audience, "nothing can make me feel better as the way I felt a short time ago." What does that mean? It could imply she was ill or it could imply a Kim moment when the marriage was coming to an end. This is something she refused to discuss in her life until the 1990s and post klonopin .

Edit: I did some research. This may be the printed article the audio interview is based on. The most controversial things did not make it to print? But the audio interview was posted online for awhile when youtube was young. She infers 4 abortions? This magazine interview is rather positive compared to the things she said in the long interview. It does paint her as a sobbing and aging rock star but the interview is more cut throat. He calls her flaky in this print interview. The full audio interview is jaw dropping. I also saw in google that his article was posted and discussed on the Ledge many moons ago. I just wish the audio still exists somewhere online. To say Stevie opened up about her life is an understatement. Is it a fair interview or a hit job? You decide.

https://fleetwoodmac-uk.com/wp/come-...zine-feb-1992/

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-16-2022 at 06:55 AM..