View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Arrow Top 10 all time Fleetwood Mac songs

Of course its an impossible task but I am going to try it after watching those other guys. They cant have all the fun.

10. Man of the World - a Peter Green song has to be on the list and this is his best IMHO. Its so profound. Its also Chris's favorite Mac tune so I also trust her judgment. Something so sincere and profound about his voice on this song.

9. Hypnotized - Bob's best Mac tune. It showcases John and Mick's incredible rhythm. Its spooky and magical and so Fleetwood Mac.

8. The Chain - I am a bit tired of many Rumours songs but this is so good. I love the bass, guitar, and the blending of voices. It also rocks.

7. Straight Back - This song makes the list for many reasons. Stevie's voice 1981-1982 was at its peak. Its an incredibly well written song. Its a much more straight forward kind of song for Stevie with the Mac. Lindsey and Chris playing around each other during the bridge amplifies the Mac sound. Mick does a great job too. Chris backing Stevie on vinyl is too rare and it sounds so good.

6. Oh Daddy - The lyrics and singing are fine. But the music track is probably the best music the Mac has ever written. I just wish there was an extended Oh Daddy because I want to hear Chris play out much longer than what is on the album. Its definitely the best music track and defines the Mac sound of the mid 70's. Lindsey on acoustic guitar is always incredible.

5. Station Man - This song defines the early Mac sound when Chris was new and her backing vocals are so freaking cool. How could you not sing along to this song. A Kirwin/Spencer masterpiece.

4. Isn't It Midnight - I am not a fan of the album Tango but this song is the exception. One of Chris's best written songs. Lindsey's haunting vocals and incredible guitar are the icing on the cake. John is humming along too. I wish there was more of this kind of song on Tango. Clearly Chris loves it too since she has pulled it out on so many tours.

3. You Make Loving Fun - The synthesizer and keyboards humming make this one cool groove. Chris's lyrics and singing used to make me blush on this song. Its romantic, groovy, and it rocks. Lindsey's guitar licks take the song to another level. He pulls out all the stops. His guitarwork on this song is overlooked many times.

2. Go Your Own Way - This is the song. First single from Rumours. People that dont really like Fleetwood Mac that much like this song. Its a rock anthem. Its the perfect break up song. Its intricate and features some of Lindsey's best guitar work. Played every day on the radio somewhere by stations that may not even play much more of the band. Incredible guitar work.

1. Why - The guitar intro sets the tone of this heartbreak of a song. Chris usually sings of love affairs but Why is such a heartbreak song. The lyrics are cagy where you think you are going to be ok where your heart will rise up with the morning sun. But its not ok, asking WHY dont you love me. Chris's piano intro after the guitar ending is so catchy and supurb. She's hoping her hurt will melt away and the guitars sound like they know exactly how Chris is feeling. The song is a masterpiece. The way the guitar plays and the keyboards mimic and answer back gives me goosebumps.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-16-2022 at 09:34 AM..