View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricohv View Post
I totally agree. But I wonder, if he's really serious about this: "Buckingham suggests that he’s open to the idea of another reunion with the band," doesn't he consider he might be shooting himself in the foot?
I thought the same thing. It's like, "Oh yeah, Stevie's disoriented and creatively tapped out and it's all her fault we didn't make new music." Beat. "But I'd sure like it if they/she invited me back!" Whaaaaat??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Lindsey leaves out another possible explanation for why Stevie wouldn’t record a new album with FM- she doesn’t want to work with him again in the studio. But I can see why he wouldn’t want to mention that possibility.
Also spot on. In fact, she's gone on the record saying as much. She's in her 70s and doesn't want or need to make herself unhappy anymore.

On the other hand, I do agree with the substance of what he's saying even though the WAY he's saying it is tone deaf and arrogant. She's been experiencing a very long and very linear erosion of confidence in her writing since the early 1980s. It seems unlikely anyone could turn that around now.

But sometimes I also look at it like this: She had her ultra-prolific period in the late 70s/early 80s; his has been much more recent. In the end, the two of them will probably come out about even in the amount of material they created. It's just that their timing was way different.