Thread: The Reagans
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2003, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bush's economic policies are working and are helping lead us out of the recession that started at the end of the prior administration. Again, we have a long way to go, but all indicators suggest the economy is in a recovery mode. So, his policies are working enough on some level. That, to me, is remarkable considering the effects of 9/11 on the already crippled economy.

Bush has done the best with the terrorist problems that he could do in my opinion. Granted he has not caught OBL, but his organization clearly is weaker than it was when it blew up our buildings and killed our people; it also has no state that "officially" sponsors it. Interestingly, I can remember people I know bitching and complaining about us invading Afganistan saying there was no clear link with OBL, etc. It turned out they were wrong, esp. when OBL and one of the heads of the Taliban appeared together after the Taliban lied and said OBN was not there and he could never have committed the acts on 9/11. then there was the video tape of OBL laughing about the attacks as he heard of them and saying wait there is more. In the end, though, we need to capture him and kill everyone in that organization, a goal I submit no President from any political party will be able to achieve.

Iraq - still in the air for me. As we have discussed before, I think it was the right thing to do the oust S.H. because 11 years of his b.s. was just too much in todays world of terrorism on American soil (I am not equating S.H. with O.B.L. ) and the world via the U.N. consistently and unanimously found for 11 years that S.H. had WMD, but would not cooperate with the inspectors. They also voted S.H. must face serious consequences for not cooperating with the inspectors. So, the defiance Iraq's leader showed the world, in my opinion, was the sole cause of this war. I do not agree with the policies of the police state currently there. I do not know why we are not working faster if that is even possible.

The new medicare bill, while not perfect, is far better than anything passed to date. Short of state owned drug companies and socialized medicine which no party will ever advocate, I know of no better bill that could have had a chance of passing. Bush even managed to get the AARP to support it, a feat not thought possible a few years ago. This is a major victory for him and it will help many Americans, although not as much as I would have liked but what I wanted was not obtainable and will never be obtainable untilt he govt. controls the doctors and the drugs.

There are the biggies I can think of now. Again, I am not saying Bush is perfect. I am just saying he has had successes and these are some I think were that.

Interestingly, go here to see a Fox News poll suggesting Bush has less than half of a chance of being reelected. Yes, this is on FOX news and they give the raw data. How about them apples!!!! http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,105000,00.html

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 12-06-2003 at 10:20 PM..