View Single Post
Old 03-17-2021, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I bet it won’t generate much revenue. I bet a lot of people feel the way I do — I don’t care whether they ever release it, on CD, on colored vinyl, on Morse Code, or on the Tablets of Hammurabi. It’s been fifty years and everyone who ever wanted to hear it has heard it and it’s all over YouTube and probably even Pandora and Spotify.

It’s not even really all that good. I guess it’s most impressive for its acoustic guitar work. It’s nice, pleasant chug-a-lug hippie music. But it has this absolutely weird incantatory power over people when they talk about it — the same people who probably haven’t listened to any Buckingham or Nicks solo albums since 1981. Lindsey is wrong when he says that the music on Rumours doesn’t warrant all the hoopla. He should be talking about Buckingham Nicks!
I agree with the selling part. Nobody cares about that album except ledgies and some other diehards. (Well maybe not you.) I give it a solid B. I think it actually has some intonation problems in spots. (Unless, I have a bad copy where the tape slowed down). But otherwise, I see why it didn't sell millions and agree with your above assessment.

I think in 1974-1978, the Brits gave Stevie and Lindsey something to focus on other then themselves for 5 minutes. Even a naked album cover couldn't put them on the map.

Well at least until Bella Donna and Tusk came along and that "focus" went away, too. The Brits were so tired, drunk and high by then; they let those two go back to obsessing about themselves, and hating each other.