View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post

Question: Were Billy, Bekka, and Dave treated with respect and dignity when FM decided to do a Classic reunion in 97? I don't know if anything's been public on that. Just curious if Mick regrets how he dumped those three after being creative with them.
Billy:

'The last gig I did with Fleetwood Mac was a corporate gig on New Years eve 1995. I forget what company hired us but we played in the 20,000 theatre at MGM. That's the night we knew it was over, they were going to tour again with the original group back together. Fleetwood Mac was offered millions and millions to work The Dance album and that's when they put together The Dance tour. I knew it was coming, because I knew the managers well. I warned Bekka Bramlett and Dave Mason and I guess they didnt believe me. It was a big shock to them. To make matters worse, Bekka's manager knew that our stint in Fleetwood Mac was about to end and he did not tell her. At the time, she was buying a million dollar house. That was sad and not nice; they should have at least let her know when they knew she was purchasing a house. I knew it was going to happen eventually, but I was still a little hurt by it. I had given up my solo career to become a member of Fleetwood Mac and so had Bekka. I had given up a lot to be with them. I felt a little used. Thats when it ended for me.

Our attorneys said we had an incredible lawsuit against Fleetwood Mac for the dates we had expected to play but Bekka, Dave and I decided not to sue. I was still the biggest Fleetwood Mac fan in the world.

Bekka and I had our own gig dates on the books already so we decided to do our own thing. In '97 we went to Nashville and made a record. We kept it quiet because we didn't know what our Fleetwood Mac contract read. I was still with Mark and Greg Oswald. Bekka came on board with me; she obviously didn't stay with her manager after feeling betrayed on that house purchase.'

Billy comes across as such a lovely person.
Re: Bekka- I'm not sure I'd be looking to buy million pound houses on the back of the Time album

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood