View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm saying it doesn't matter if I like it or not, at least she created something. A lot of people love her current voice. So when she toured 24 Karen Gold, at least she had new selections to choose from. Some of those people were dying to hear some of those old demos. Personally, I didn't enjoy the new versions.

The Dance had 4 new songs. Greatest Hits has 2 new songs. We got ALAYF! What a beautiful new song.
You mean to tell me they couldn't come up with 3 new songs for the 2014/2015 tour? In My World/Carnival Begin/If You Were My Love
Instead of Gypsy.. (shriek) Over My Head (zzzzzz) and Big Love (please god no more)

That's my point. I know you don't care for it too much, but I'd even take Sweet Girl. Love that song! Also, I loved the tours with Billy and Rick. They were very high energy and played a wonderful set list.
I agree with what you said about certain songs being retired from the setlist, although I would love to hear Big Love performed by the whole band. Imagine Dragons did a great cover of Big Love for MusiCares, I think. Good point about As Long As You Follow, but that song was recorded 30+years ago. I really don't think the band is capable of recording incredible music anymore, even if they wanted to put their differences aside.

In an ideal world, we would have more incredible FM albums, on par with FM or Rumours, but I suspect they’d turn out more like Say You Will than Tango.