View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
ILindsey doesn’t lose anything by putting Mick on drums, though. The actual art doesn’t suffer. His songs and sonic textures don’t change. If anything, adding Mick would give the songs a more organic feel compared to how Lindsey usually does the drums, and give Lindsey more attention with the association of the Fleetwood name.

ETA: It will also give him a new five minute psychobabble-laden speech on healing, forgiveness, and growth.
i agree with you that artistically, Mick is a plus. for any releases, yes.

however, Mick on tour is overpriced and makes the tickets more expensive for fans. he will want to make more money than on MFBB solo band - where he makes money by $400+ M&Gs.

meanwhile, Lindsey has now figured out he can make money on solo tours by doing relatively cheap M&Gs ($250-300), sell VIP packages, and have market-priced ticket sales (ie variable prices depending on the demand) - while his prices are still very affordable for fans.

Mick added to Lindsey solo tour would raise the price for fans and probably create less profit for Lindsey, since Mick would want to make at least as much as he's making with his overpriced MFBB M&Gs. Mick has not done any FM or MFBB / solo tours without his overpriced M&Gs for more than a decade now. i don't see him starting now, just for the pleasure of playing unless he all of the sudden has reverse in personality.

if there was FM 4 project with Mick, Chris, Lindsey and John starting with issuing a new release, i could get on board of that. as long as there's no Stevie who would hold the project hostage as she had been for the last 2 decades.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"