View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
No dude, that's not the effing point. The point is, you're incapable of having a conversation that involves talking about the artistic careers between two members of a band without using chart positions to prove their artistic credibility as if that's the only thing that matters.
LOL, it has nothing to do with artistic credibility.

Lindsey has tremendous talent and I think he envisions himself as someone who pushes the creative envelope, but he’s also working within the paradigm of the big label music industry. Compared to guys like Robert Pollard (who’s released over 110 albums since 1986) and Richard Thompson, who will play and release whatever they want, whenever they want, however they want, Lindsey falls short. Sometimes their albums are great, sometimes they’re not, but they don’t dwell on albums for years on end. I had hope for Lindsey with SWS, but then Christine came back and he signed with a label.

I’m not debating that Lindsey could do it on his own. He has done it on his own. However, he’s been sitting on his album for three years so he can tour to PROMOTE it. Given that we’re in the digital age and coming out of a global pandemic, the album won’t sell a lot of copies and the market will be oversaturated with bands on tour and sporting events.

This is where the charts begin to come into play. The charts show that Lindsey gets lost in the mix when he’s on his own. He’s never had a Top 20 album on his own and he’s never not had a Top 20 album whenever he’s worked with Mick. History has shown that the single easiest way to MARKET Lindsey Buckingham, the easiest way to PROMOTE the tour is to somehow involve Mick Fleetwood. And, Mick has made it clear he’d be on board.

THE Stephen Hopkins