View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillamene View Post
Having listened to the interview, I was struck by how Christine-bless her- sounded as if she was showing her years
As regards her comments on the band, I think that she may not have been expecting this question and hence 'fluffed it' a bit in her answer: her reference to John not being well would appear to be about his cancer back in 2013, rather than anything recent( notice the way that she tried to clarify this comment by saying "he's fine")
Let's face it :90% of the questions she is always asked are about Chicken Shack, joining Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey and Stevie joining, Rumours, blah,blah blah....and she has these answers/replies off by heart.
The question that she was asked was one to which she genuinely did not know the answer- and nor , do I suspect, does anyone!
I agree with everything you wrote. She did not sound so well. But she was honest and sincere with her comments. However, she did not understand the giant controversy she was going to cause. No one has discussed anything especially about tours so it was silly for her to predict in a subtle way what she thinks will happen. I sensed it right away with the way she spoke. As history shows, no one can ever predict what Fleetwood Mac will ever do.
Mick probably had a cow. The phone conversation went something like this.

Mick: Hello dear Christine
Christine: Oh hi Mick
Mick: You know you have always been like a sister to me, right.
Christine: yeah.....
Mick: You know I have this live album coming out and trying to live off these sales. I even tried to sell Biddy's old undies. I need money Chris.....so why in bloody hell did you say Fleetwood Mac is done with Stevie and John out? I need them Chris. No one will buy tickets to my meet and greet if Stevie is not around. You know that.
Christine: I'm sorry Mick, I did not mean anything by it. I will call Rolling Stone and clarify.
Mick: Thanks dear. You always will be the songbird of Fleetwood Mac. I dont care what Stevie has said about you in the past. Toodles!