View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
OMG, once you said buggy, I thought maybe you were from Tennessee! They say buggy here, and it drives me crazy! I love britches and fixin', but buggy drives me buggy!

I've always called that piano an upright. Spinet is also a form of upright.

I use sweeper and vacuum interchangeably.

I also use both pop and soda.

And have been told that I actually have zero accent. Undetectable.

Where do you live now?
I'm in Miami now. There is actually a Pittsburgh accent. Bill Cowher is the poster child for that accent. I don't think I have one but a few years ago I went to an eye doctor here in Florida and he asked me if I was from Pittsburgh. I was shocked. He was from Pittsburgh and picked up on it. We both had not lived there for a quarter century.
Yes we say pop too. TN is also part of the Appalachian valley.
Its hilarious you say sweeper because NO ONE knows what the hell I am talking about. I thought that was only a W/PA thing but apparently not.
Now here is the kicker. Even though I grew up only an hour from the W/VA border, we really thought they were inbreds and had a million jokes about West Virginia. Remember the MTV show Buckwild? It was the Jersey Shore of W/VA. It actually got cancelled because it was so controversial. Anyway, about 15 years ago when it was on I was flicking past the channels and it was on. All their crazy stuff I was like OMG, we did that too. That's when it hit me, OMG we are the same!
Now the million dollar question. Do you know what tick tacking is?

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-14-2021 at 01:12 PM..