View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Mike is always doing stuff, for sure. And Neil Finn is just beyond one of my dearest, dearest friends. And I’m hugely respectful of who he is and his talent, and how both Mike and he stepped in, because it was either stop or find something really spectacular that honored our funny trip.

Yeah- that comment didn't sound like permanent members did it? It sounds to me more like... thanks for helping out. If you want to stick around if I can get Lindsey back then that's fine...but Mike- you've got other things to do and Neil- you're a great guy but...
That’s not what I got from it. If anything, he seems to be opening the door for some type of collaboration with Lindsey, though not necessarily a reunion with Lindsey and Fleetwood Mac. If the new lineup was over, Mick wouldn’t have bothered mentioning Neil and Mike.

Mick Fleetwood: Yeah, and the incarnation which we all know — Stevie (Nicks) and Lindsey (Buckingham) and John (McVie) and Christine (McVie) and myself — absolutely, understandably more than takes precedence, now with the support of Mike Campbell and Neil Finn, but they’re part of something.

——

Rock Cellar: I’ve got to ask, do you have any idea what your 2021, or even ’22, will look like?

Mick Fleetwood
: Truthfully, I have no idea. None. And then you could go, “Well, what’s your pipe dream?” My pipe dream is at some point, I think we sort of have to say goodbye. And I have huge deference to the band that we now are, but I have total deference to Lindsey, and I think, “Wouldn’t it be great if some mutant fantastic stadium shows or something actually does that?”

Rock Cellar: A Fleetwood Mac super group, with Mike and Lindsey? Holy ****!

Mick Fleetwood
: Well, we’re back in the pipe dream now. But in my own world, I know that I want to play. I will play. That’s who I am.

Rock Cellar: Well, that’s some kind of goal. [Laughter.]

Mick Fleetwood
: Well, I’m really hoping that the thing built around Peter’s legacy can go out on the road. I can go on record that that’s my full intention. And from history, never say never is all there is to say about Fleetwood Mac. I’ll be there doing that, being the weasel in the background attempting to do something versus nothing. And the rest is really just how everyone would feel and whether it would even be possible. I don’t know.

One thing’s for sure, all the components are active. Lindsey’s active; Stevie by now would have done one of her lovely tours, though that never happened; Mike is always doing stuff, for sure. And Neil Finn is just beyond one of my dearest, dearest friends. And I’m hugely respectful of who he is and his talent, and how both Mike and he stepped in, because it was either stop or find something really spectacular that honored our funny trip.

So, it doesn’t sound like a Rumours lineup reunion is in the cards the way I’m reading it.

THE Stephen Hopkins