View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
but the bottom line is the ONLY reason Buckingham Nicks were even considered for FM is because of Buckingham. Stevie was part of the package, an accessory that turned out to be essential.
I don’t believe anyone argued otherwise. That’s the one constant.

Where I have an issue is this notion that Lindsey, out of loyalty to Stevie, bravely and nobly stuck his neck out to insist that she also be included when, by what Mick said in 1990 and Keith Olsen said in 2012, there’s no evidence that he was ever offered the gig without her.

Furthermore, Lindsey was apprehensive about giving up Buckingham Nicks to go play Peter Green songs. His instinct was to turn them down. Stevie, Olsen, and even Waddy have all said that they had to convince him, sometimes in hours long conversations, that joining Fleetwood Mac was in their best interest.

Quote:
The fact that Christine was given the chance to decide their fate
See, that’s why I think the first call after Olsen was to Mickey Shapiro.

Quote:
In his recollections, he never once mentions either of the pair’s voices when he heard “Frozen Love.” He was listening to the guitar. End of.
Which makes me wonder if Mick even knew if Lindsey was a singer-songwriter when he called Olsen. The first thing the band needed was a guitarist, but they also needed songwriting, since Bob Welch had about 2/3 of the songs on MTM and HAHTF. This is another reason why I think too much has been made of them “only wanting Lindsey.”

THE Stephen Hopkins