View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
you see life in only black and white. While they may have gotten drunk over margaritas on new years eve and asked THEM to join, you are brushing off the interest Mick had in Lindsey after Bob left.
The margarita night was later, not NYE, 1974.

On NYE, 1974, Fleetwood Mac had some type of get together/band meeting where Bob snapped at Christine, she told him to eff himself, and he announced he was leaving the band. After that, Mick called Keith Olsen and asked him if he thought Lindsey would join the band, Keith explained the equation, and Mick asked him to convince THEM to join. So, Keith went over to their place and spent all night trying to convince them (Lindsey) to join.

I don’t dispute the initial interest was in Lindsey, but within the span of a short phone call shortly after Bob quit, Stevie was part of the equation. Lindsey was never offered the Fleetwood Mac gig without Stevie. He was never actually in a position where he had to say “I won’t join without Stevie.”

The notion that he wouldn’t have joined without Stevie because he was noble or whatever is laughable. He wouldn’t have joined had Stevie not been there twisting his arm. Lindsey didn’t want to be in Peter Green’s old band. He didn’t want to play the old Fleetwood Mac songs. He had a chip on his shoulder that their music was going to get lost in Fleetwood Mac, that they were going to lose their identities within the band. And, by all accounts, he wasn’t easy to work with in the early years. Lindsey oozed resentment, which is something I doubt he’d disagree with.

Quote:
It was a process that led up to New Years Eve but fairly quick since Bob was still playing with the band in October 1974
Bob was playing with them up until mid-December, close to the time Mick went to Sound City. So Mick had only known of Lindsey for a couple of weeks at most, but wasn’t immediately thinking about augmenting the band with him or anything.

THE Stephen Hopkins