View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
It would be interesting to know if Stevie had strong ticket sales on her 1994 Tour and if Mac had strong ticket sales in 94 and 95.
How strong was the marketing for these tours?

Say You Will Tour had good attendance in most markets, not strong like The Dance. Should Stevie be credited for the good SYW attendance?
She toured two years before SYW. Her sheds were best attended on TISL in her touring period of 2001-2012. The only better attendance was the Solo & Together Tour with Don.
from what i've seen in 2000s, FM marketing is always barely half-baked.

that said, it is interesting to watch ebbs and flows of popularity, both FM and other bands. in 1992-93, everyone knew about the band with Don't Stop being omnipresent, yet nobody cared about seeing them or their various incarnations or members live. it was early 90s and grunge was huge. by mid 90s original grunge was blowing over, Kurt Cobain was dead, there was a second wave of grunge/post-grunge bands, and music was again moving on. with some alternative bands covering FM, and the hell freezing over, all of the sudden there was a fertile ground for the FM reunion. i remember seeing excerpts from the dance and the 1998 tour on tv we had going in the background. they were spotlighted at the grammys and brits. that's when i first started paying attention. when i first heard of Lindsey Buckingham. i remember boys in the room saying how the blonde used to be so hot. i was asking which blonde, there were two, and Christine looked much better than Stevie in those videos.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"