View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Still, it paled in comparison to the 2014 tour.
Still, Live 2013 was greatly successful. Mick was going on about what great business they were doing and how they were outselling the Stones 50 Years & Counting Tour. Azoff said it was the best business the band had done in 25 years. But they did also announce the Live 2013 Tour by saying they were following the sold out Unleashed Tour...not true
OWTS was enormous. I don't think every show was a sellout but they did do a ton more shows than 2013 and multinight runs. It was a solid show. Especially when Think About Me and Bleed to Love Her came back.

Quote:
EXACTLY my point! People, even casual fans, understood when Christine came back. That was a huge moment for the band, and demand for tickets certainly corresponded with that.
They did have major major press for OWTS. I watched the Today show announcement.

Quote:
As a fan from 1987, I’d say since The Dance.
I'm going to stick with Glee and I'll add American Horror Story too for the enhanced interest. The mass tv audience helped the band and it helped Stevie too. 03-09 they could draw crowds but not all markets so I feel 2011 was the Resurrection.