View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
OMG I thought jwd was joking but you really believe this?
I finally bought TITN (first Fleetwood Mac album for me) around the time Lindsey quit. I’d been paying attention since Big Love was released. There was absolutely a curiosity about what was going on with the band. It was THE story. Lindsey was out and they had a new lineup getting ready to hit the road.

Question for you: Do you think Big Love benefited from being the first single from the first Fleetwood Mac album in five years, complete with a cool video? Like, would it have hit #5 if Lindsey had released it as a solo artist?

There was a distinct curiosity factor that surrounded Fleetwood Mac in 1987 that benefited the sales beyond just the music.

Quote:
I guess by your philosophy, Hold Me was a huge hit because people were more interested in Mirage because of Bella Donna
Huh? Belladonna had nothing to do with Mirage. They were two separate projects.

Lindsey quit the band when they were promoting an album and the single released weeks later was the biggest one and album sales started going up. And, I read somewhere that more copies were sold after Lindsey quit than before.

Quote:
Lindsey leaving had NOTHING to do with the release of singles from Tango.
Didn’t suggest it did.

Quote:
If you really think this was coordinated,
I didn’t say or imply it was coordinated. I was clearly saying that sales benefited from the freak show that was going on.

THE Stephen Hopkins