View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 07:06 PM

Only Over You - The beautiful atmosphere, the pleading and pain in Christine's voice, the marching drums, the beautiful guitar squawks, the ahhhhhhh's by BuckVie, the wonderful piano and guitar on the outro. The fact that it ended Side 1.

Mystified - The the sprinkle of bass and drums, the lush harmonies, the simpleness of the progression, the 'Only Over You' esque guitar solo, the BuckVie UUUUUUUUUUUUU's. and "Fiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeed". Mick's drums at the end. The fact that it ended Side 1.

Oh Daddy - The beautiful acoustic guitar intro, the sublime lead vocal, the pounding of (I think it's a D) on piano. The stylings of Christine's electric piano mixed with meddling organ and guitar. John's driving bass. The line, "And I can't walk away from you, baby if I tried." The shimmering in the quiet break, then the 'yessssss its go to be meeeeee" with all three voices on "yes". Then it rolls into Gold Dust Woman.