View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I would add Bella Donna to those 3 ..after this things started to go a bit south for all concerned.
A personal aside.

I'm one of those few who prefer THE WILD HEART to BELLA DONNA. But I think it may have to do with how I came to know those albums. I began my FM/Stevie Nicks kick in 1982, with the advent of "Hold Me" and "Gypsy." (I knew and was impressed with the band before this but wasn't old enough to become obsessed until '82.) After that, SN released THE WILD HEART. I was in awe of "Stand Back," "Nightbird," and "Sable on Blonde"--and much of the rest of the record impressed me. I didn't hear BELLA DONNA until later, and by the time I had, Christine and her music began to take over. Funny how timing is everything. I mean, I recognize that what's great on BELLA DONNA is probably better than anything on THE WILD HEART, but it never moved me in the same way, so my relationship to those songs is different. Save "How Still My Love," none of it calls to me or follows me down 'til the sound of it haunts me. Or something like it.