View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Yes, him. That narcissistic guy.
As a member of a band that has not seen one day pass without some form of drama in it, I'd say he was in good company.

I don't mind calling Stevie on her ridiculousness, but I don't think she's jumping on the bandwagon. I think she's just reached the point where she's comfortable with being open about her views. She tested the waters and found them welcoming, so now she's going all in. If she didn't broach the subject or danced around it, we'd all be like, "Oh, look at her in her sheltered little fairy world. Karen hasn't turned the news on for her since 2015!"

Relating everything to herself is nothing new. She's famously self-referential, has been for years.

This was also mostly written in 2008, right? So, not entirely new. I dunno. It's not even close to being a good song. It's definitely not one that she'll be remembered for. Maybe that's why I'm not too bothered by it. It's forgettable. I wish she had written something new rather than pulling some meandering crap out of the vault. She probably could have come up with something better, shorter, and more effective.