View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Garth Brooks sold a multi-disc greatest hits exclusively through Target and it hit top 10.

He another compilation through Walmart too and hit Top 10.

Is 24 Karat Gold Live CD a greatest hits? I thought she said there were 6 new songs in the set.

Not sure if it's apples and oranges. She's had millions of people finding out who she is through tiktok, an interview on national tv, a theatrically released film with an ad for the cd and vinyl at the end, and an extraordinary amount of press. She's the most popular and successful artist int he world.

Eagles didn't have social media and it was a horrible economy when that album was released.
The GB comparison is closer. Apples to pears. Even though it was a boxed set, Garth Brooks exclusive release did include 18 unreleased tracks, which is basically a whole album of new material.

Previously recorded studio tracks performed live I wouldn't consider "new material".

While the 2007-2009 economy was horrible, we're still going through the current financial issues, so it's hard to say which will end up being worse in the history books.

Having said that, I don't think a full or even partial album of new Stevie material would necessarily have charted either, but that's left to be seen I suppose.