View Single Post
Old 10-25-2020, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There's so much cuckoo in this interview..

Key thoughts:
Enough about Prince already. Let the poor man rest in peace. I really, really, really do wonder though what goes through the heads of those who knew him best all these years when this stuff gets repeated over and over.

She's mentioned in several interviews now about how great her relationship was with Tom when he was with his first wife Jane. How close she could get to Tom and hang at his house etc. Sounds like maybe the second wife put the kibosh on a lot of that...? But she's gone out of her way to mention Jane, which is curious given that Tom's authorized bio is him talking all about how abusive she was to him and how long he stayed in a bad marriage because of it.

Sooo many veiled digs at LB-- about not having to worry about her stories going on too long, how that would never happen in FM (I seem to recall she droned on and on plenty of Mac tours before the return of Chris)

Apparently "old" starts at 80-- as she sees her 70s as a continuation of her "youthful" years but she's only got 8 of those years left. Good to know.

Others have mentioned the hilarious Roe v Wade reference. She 'fought' but funny there's never any mention of her supporting or contributing to any legal battles let alone any photos of her in any marches. She likely griped about the "loud, pushy women" who did protest (she used that expression to talk about other women in music/show business many times in interviews-- especially in the 80s when women like Madonna and Pat Benatar, etc came along who were not at all afraid to be strong).

She's had too many bats fly out of her belfry in recent interviews to count. The same old marketing propaganda. She and Chris were SUCH good friends they never ever talked at all during the 16 years Chris was gone. On CBS she said she had 3 great loves (and the idiotic interviewer didn't even try to get her to say who they were ). She did say to SN that "LB was surely one of them" to which SN said 'absolutely' then said no, that Lindsey was in his own whole unique category, that he was her 'musical love'. Tomorrow though she'll brag about being the girl who loved him first, loved him for who he was etc etc. She was noticeably more lisp in her tv interview as well.

The idea of Stevie sitting in the car like my dog while Karen ran in to get the groceries.... At least Karen left the radio on for her. Maybe she cracked the window too. If that's her excitement and "getting out" these days she must be going bat****. Maybe that explains the craziness.

The "fogging" of the plane?? I hope they didn't ACTUALLY use some sort of fogger to sanitize the plane... that **** is super bad for your lungs.

The boots-- kicking fans--- boy, we have come a long way since the "Don't f***k with my people" days. We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Only ONE vocal overdub in the whole film??? That's freaking hilarious! In the Gypsy clip alone there are so many obvious dubs.....egads. Too bad Dixie Chicks took the name "Gaslighter" for their last single because really, she should name her next project that.

Along those lines.....the re-telling of The Chain story yet again-- now she's back to essentially the version she told for years... and totally contradicts herself saying she brought it to them in another interview. If she's going to rewrite history, she just needs to get her versions straight... you know, like how she's consistent in her story that she's the master sequencer of Rumours no matter what anyone else says.

She loves 24kt album sooo much that she whipped it out in Nashville in a couple weeks, then drove past Warner's and threw it out the window at them so she could finally say "I'm not on your label anymore!" and keep going. Yet she loves it so much she keeps finding ways to cash in on it for years and years. Ok.

Maybe all the deaths around her have had an impact -- not just Prince, Tom her mother and father.... but as she mentions, her manager Howard, and people she knew like Keith Olsen, even Glen Frey, etc. Maybe she's got so few F's left to give she's gonna let go bit by bit of even trying to care about anyone else.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 10-25-2020 at 11:58 PM..