View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
That's not what I said. YES, they both sang together but it was on Rod's stage. When they did the interview breaking the news about the tour, they both said they would be singing on each other's stage (like Stevie did with Don). That NEVER happened. Rod never came out on Stevie's stage. She came out on his stage but that dwindled as the tour went on. Clearly Rod is a bigger egomaniac than Stevie. If it really was a shared tour as they stated in the beginning (no opening acts) then you dont introduce someone. Rod should have sang Stevie's Leather and Lace in Stevie's set. He could not even sing it without reading the lyrics from the monitor word by word. It was pathetic. Seriously. They practiced for months and the lyrics to Leather and Lace are not that tough. IMHO being that they isolated from performing together in the later dates says a lot. Stevie was probably tired of his B.S. She was tricked into becoming an opening act for his ego.
funny to read this. i remember their interview promoting the tour, and it was so obvious he's teasing her and trying to have fun talking about their younger years, and she just did not get it, would have none of it, and was dead serious espousing how great she was instead. no sense of humor.

there were also interviews how she was pi**ed at him because he was always winging it and wouldn't rehearse while she wanted them to rehearse those duets to death. and how can you bang at him not knowing lyrics of someone else's song when that somone else doesn't know lyrics of her own songs and always has them on the prompter on stage. tbh, i actually loved their version of L&L - he sang it so gently, it just worked for me.

between the 2 of them i would never characterize Rod as the one with the overblown ego.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"