View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Stevie's tour with Rod Stewart was the biggest mistake in her career since klonopin. Both have loyal fan bases and there was no need for them to tour "together." I wonder if they really split things 50/50. They billed the tour as no opening acts and just dual concerts. However Rod's ego made Stevie open every night and have Stevie join him on his stage. He never came out on her stage.
I give Stevie credit when she toured with Don Henley. He opened yet she still came out on stage on his set to sing with him. Rod's giant ego would not give her that respect.
Rod did sing with her during her set but only on select dates. They did leather and lace during a performance in Houston Rod pissed Stevie off because he made a motion with his hands to suggest he was literally taking off a woman’s panties while performing the song.

Rod is my favourite male singer but I was kind of surprised he chose her to share the bill. They have two different styles. I know they both sing Rock and Roll music but they still have different types of music.

When I saw the tour in Montreal I was probably the only SN fan there. As I understand it he asked her to tour. I have a mixed opinion on whether or not it was a mistake. Getting her new music out there for casual fans or non fans who attended the shows isn’t a bad idea but at the same time she should have been headlining her own tour.

Since that tour he has done several others with another big name opening up.

2013 Live The Life with Steve Winwood
2015 Carlos Santana
2017-2018 Cyndi Lauper
2020- He was supposed to tour with Blondie but Chris Stein had surgery and so he had to replace them with Cheap Trick. COVID stopped the tour though.