View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I'm also a weirdo in my ability to remember dates and events, timelines, etc. I realize not everyone remembers things in their own lives the way I do in mine. I also haven't spent decades in self-indulgent drug-induced stupors.
that is good to hear! But I don't think you're a weirdo for remembering dates or whatever and certainly didn't mean to imply that- I remember the order of singles, for example, but I really wouldn't be surprised if some of the members don't, so we shouldn't be surprised their answers aren't always consistent.

I remember an interview with an actress talking about her death scene in her last episode when she left the series, and she totally misremembered the scene. I was horrified LOL! But then I realized, you know, she wasn't a fan, she was an actress, and she filmed the series, but she didn't rewatch it on reruns or DVD, she filmed it, maybe watched it air once, and then 15 years later when asked about it in an interview, she got the details wrong. She wasn't a liar, she wasn't trying to twist things, she was just saying it like she remembered it. That was the point I was trying to make.

When the Deluxe Mirage came out, I was genuinely shocked when Christine commented she hadn't listened to the album in years... and in fact, when given a copy of the Deluxe Mirage, she STILL hadn't listened to it again, not even to refresh her recollection for the interview! I, who listen to my FM cds periodically, and treasure them, and counted the days until the Deluxe editions were released, got hit with reality again when I realized Christine hadn't listened to Mirage in decades, and apparently wasn't in a rush to do so again. So blew up my fantasy of Christine occasionally pulling out FM Greatest Hits and singing along to As Long As You Follow LOL.