View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
During those years, she was a shell of her former self. But she also turned in some amazing vocals. “Blue Denim” remains one of my favorites of hers. And the two new songs on TIMESPACE were excellent. So, she never wholly lost her ability. But she lost perspective and time and was basically in a really bad space.
We are in the far minority liking the Timespace new songs. We should start a club and be the only members

Now back to Stevie's wild weirdness. Joe Walsh was so out of control in the 1980s that few could have accepted this or went along with it. It shows how she was also out of control. In the late 80s he would go on Stern in the morning and pass out drunk while on the air. He was a mess.

The Dave Stewart story from 1983 is also really weird to bring him to her house and just leave him in bed while she and her girls kept trying on clothes all night giggling in the bathroom. Which brings me to one of my favorite photos. Has everyone seen the photo of Dave Stewart sitting on her bed coked out of his mind and there is a typewriter in the middle of the bed and Stevie is sitting on the edge of the bed looking back at the camera. Those 2 look as if they did not sleep for days. I always wondered if this was from the night/morning Joe Walsh showed up and "Dont Come round here no more" was born lol

What a wild life. I love these stories though.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-12-2020 at 09:57 AM..