View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 05:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I never suggested that she or the band pay him.

All I said was she could acknowledge the whole situation... if not him personally, then just act like you know what's going on outside of your nag champa fog. She's so upset and frightened about covid etc etc.....this is just a nice, positive thing instead, one that has boosted her visibility right now, and again, I'll repeat it would give her the chance to say what she's always said about wanting her songs to lift people up and take them away even for 3 minutes and bring them joy.

I don't expect her to say anything. If she does, she will look like a moron because as these things go, they're here and gone in five minutes. The whole thing has already mostly blown over, so commenting now just makes her look too old and out of it. I'm not Mick's biggest fan but I will give him credit that his timing on it (regardless of his motivations) was perfect (and he attributes that to his kids urging him to do something in response). And he talked to the guy on air on BBC and looked like 'wow what a nice guy so nice to his band's fans'. Maybe Stevie thinks that's enough; Mick interacted with the hoi polloi so she doesn't have to.

She should be grateful for the boost to her old stuff, coz her new stuff sucks.
How would anyone know Stevie is not grateful. People really think that? OMG. Mick sends a personal letter and appears with the guy on TV as a surprise and even thanked him and made a video as tribute.

OMG I dont know what people think the band or Stevie needs to do. Maybe Stevie reached out to him. She does not have to tell the world. As the Bible says...anonymous forms of charity are the best. The people that go public and brag usually dont give that much and look for praise instead.
Just imagine for a moment that Stevie put out a giant statement telling the world she gave him $10,000. OMG the twitterverse and this board would light up like a Christmas tree scolding her for being so cheap.
People are smart enough to not fall for those traps.

Remember the story "Miracle on the Hudson." The captain did a successful water landing that was never accomplished before and saved everyone's life. Could you imagine your gratitude to his pilot. US Airways rescued all the passengers and gave everyone on board $4,000 for any property that may have been ruined during the water landing. Most of the stuff was ok so it was free money. Then US Airways started to give the passengers more free stuff like upgrades to their loyalty program, etc. Everyone was praising them until they added another perk: 50% off your next flight. Then everyone started attacking and flaming US Airways how cheap they were and the heroic story got lost in the Corporate airline vs passengers. Your life was saved yet people are scolding them for offering a discount on future air travel. You see.....the same thing would happen here. The beautiful video would be lost in people attacking Stevie for being cheap, etc. Mick wrote a private letter that NO ONE knew about until the news segment when Mick met the guy. People should not assume either way the Stevie has not reached out to this guy. That's so grade school stuff.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-12-2020 at 05:16 AM..