View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 03:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Again I have a great memory ..I know what I saw in the year end Billboard issue in 1983..also didn't you dispute my recollection that Dave Mason opened for Fleetwood Mac at the Forum Mirage show a couple of weeks ago on the Rumours forum and I ended up being proven correctAlso Benatar did not always eclipse Stevie. Bella Donna was released within weeks of Precious Time in 1981 and easily outsold it and was buoyant in the charts for far longer than the Benatar album .In 1985 Rock a Little was released within days of Pat's Seven the Hard Way . Rock a Little quickly went platinum while Pat's album barely went gold and did not even crack the top twenty on Billboard 200.
You are picking apples and oranges. When I say Pat eclipsed Stevie I mean every year she won best female rock performance or American Music award. Yes Bella Donna was #1 and so was Precious Time yet Stevie played theaters while Pat was performing arenas. Pat had released 2 platinum albums on the charts in 1983. To be fair so did Stevie since Bella Donna was still charting.
Stevie has 0 solo Grammys and 0 solo American music awards. That is what I meant. Not saying she is not deserving.
Having said all of that, Stevie's fanbase is completely different. I saw Stevie solo concerts hit a low of 6,000 in attendance during Timespace and Street Angel. After The Dance she was back up to full speed packed arenas. Pat lost her fanbase. I remember in 1998 I saw Enchanted to a packed amphitheater. Pat Benatar was also coming to town but she was playing at a nightclub.

And BTW, I totally believe you what you read in Billboard. They probably added the sales of Wild Heart, Bella Donna, and Mirage, Rumours, etc for the year and came up with that statement.

And since you are keeping score at home, weren't we both incorrect about the Mirage tour in LA. I knew Glen Frey opened for the Mac in CA but it was not LA. I thought you stated it was someone else before we were both corrected. Mason only played one of the Forum nights. So aren't we both wrong and both partially right

Last edited by Macfan4life; 09-12-2020 at 03:41 AM..