Thread: Live 1989
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Wait a second go back. FM weekend pool parties???

Yes. About a decade ago, several(5) of us figured out that we only lived about 1-2 hours from each other. I got invited to a little party from a Ledgie in Indy(about an hour away from my town). I went, and we all hit it off, and as fate would have it, ~I~ actually live halfway between 5 of them(Indy for 2, and the Indiana-Kentucky line for 3 others). And I have a fairly big house with an inground pool, so we began having a couple FM party weekends every summer at my house.

They eventually ended about 5 years ago. There was some (NON EXISTENT) drama that somebody dreamed up, and they left the party early that weekend. So I was upset - that someone was upset with me, over something that never happened(I got an apology some time later for it). I just basically stopped offering to host after that(I was also downsizing my life - I'd been living a "rock star" life for about 5 years, and I was growing tired of it).

But they were a LOT of fun. I'd set a small P.A. system(I do audio for bands) up in the gazebo by my pool, and we'd JAM FM all weekend long, testing our livers and ability to stay on a float while inebriated!