Thread: Rank Mirage
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Let's take his FM card away!! If You Were My Love with that sparkling piano is better.

I agree tho Homer, $he always need editing.
I like Mirage for pretty much what it is. However, it could have been so much better. The Mac created a brilliant Sleeping Angel demo that almost exactly turned into Stevie's solo contribution to Fast Times in 1982. The Smile At You Mirage demo is so freaking amazing with Stevie's voice in its prime. When she does angry voice in this era it has such impact. If both these songs made Mirage it would have made the album so much better. All of Stevie's contributions are top notch. So why stop at only 3. Too bad the vinyl days made them stop at 10 songs. Lindsey's songs are quirky poppy and Oh Diane is almost like a 50's song which is sort of cool. But lets get real now. You have to pick the best 10 songs for an album. With the material laying around Oh Diane would NOT have been one of them.
Had Stevie not had a #1 smash album with huge hits, maybe we would have seen another of her gems on Mirage. Sorry but I just wanted to milk this era for all that its worth. Everyone was on top of their game with new songs and a few older ones too. I want more not less of this era. Stevie's voice would never be the same ever again. Right after the Wild Heart recordings, the coke had begun to really destroy her voice. The Wild Heart tour was the beginning to a harsher sound. By the time RAL came around.... game over!

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-02-2020 at 02:28 PM..