Thread: Say You Will
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I rate this album very highly. My chief complaint is that it is too long. It astounds me that Lindsey wanted to make it even longer. He was wrong on that front.

That said, I think he did an amazing job producing. Most interesting production Stevie's material had received in eons.

Here's what Sea Of Tranquility guest co-host Jeff Young said about the album (see 12:50-mark here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdbNnq2L32Q):

"I got a lot to say about this underrated album in their catalog, in the Fleetwood Mac canon, which is Say You Will. And one cool thing is Lindsey did the whole album with the VG-8 Roland–it's like a guitar synthesizer–and the special pickups that he has in his Rick Turner guitar. So it has a very cool sound. He shreds a lot on that album. He gets really aggressive. There's a lot of guitar playing on this album. I think a lot of people miss this record."

Favorite songs are "Murrow" "Everybody Finds Out" "Running Through The Garden" "Steal Your Heart Away" and "Destiny Rules."

Least favorite are the title track (those lyrics), "Silver Girl," and especially "Come" (too heavy for me – I'm a folkie).

Overall, I agree with Jeff Young that it's a tremendously underrated album.

And no, I don't miss Christine. To me, it's a nice of change of pace.

Last edited by cbBen; 05-16-2020 at 06:10 PM..