Thread: Say You Will
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Great PR machine and a casual fanbase that will show up for anything apparently. They still took a bath on that first leg when places were barely half sold. I think they got much better at "papering" shows and giving away tickets as the tour progressed. That's the only reason that tour went on as long as it did - they had to recoup money and shows were paced very far apart. People loved reporting show stats from billboard or Pollstar, but it's pretty common knowledge that those stats are doctored to cover up poor sales well before they are published.

For a hot minute, I gave them a sliver of credit for an interesting setlist. Then, like every interesting Fleetwood Mac setlist, they reverted back to the usual. Oh, but it was Lindsey responsible for the stale setlists! RIGHT!
This last tour was a great opportunity to get a front row half the price. I remember reading comments on Twitter of many fans who experienced the joy of buying a cheap seat to end up on the front row.
Giving away was the key on this tour.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.