Thread: Say You Will
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Great PR machine and a casual fanbase that will show up for anything apparently. They still took a bath on that first leg when places were barely half sold. I think they got much better at "papering" shows and giving away tickets as the tour progressed. That's the only reason that tour went on as long as it did - they had to recoup money and shows were paced very far apart. People loved reporting show stats from billboard or Pollstar, but it's pretty common knowledge that those stats are doctored to cover up poor sales well before they are published.

For a hot minute, I gave them a sliver of credit for an interesting setlist. Then, like every interesting Fleetwood Mac setlist, they reverted back to the usual. Oh, but it was Lindsey responsible for the stale setlists! RIGHT!
I agree re the setlists. Back when Lindsey quit in 87 the band resorted to doing SN solo songs and a Buckingham Nicks song in the setlist instead of doing any Bob Welch, Danny Kirwan or Jeremey Spencer material. Heck they could have done something rare of Stevie's like Storm's, That's Alright etc but instead they stuck to the tried and true. If Rick and or Billy hadn't insisted on doing some Peter Green songs they wouldn't have done those either.

Face it they are a band that shot themselves in the foot by not playing music from all eras throughout the past 40 plus years so now most fans in attendance don't know or care for songs from that era.

Look at social media. How many of the so called FM fans ever said anything negative about the stale setlists till Lindsey was out? Once he was fired then they tried to act like they cared about Welch, Kirwan etc and were always clammering to hear their songs in the show. I guess anything to justify his firing and or another stale nostlagia tour.