View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
well, this explains Mick not saying anything. I never expected Chris or John to say anything. But Mick.... without Keith there'd be no Rumours5, which as we know has bailed Mick out more than once or twice.

But, as Keith said, he was still friendly with Stevie and Lindsey. So much so that when Stevie got stuck on Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You on Rock A Little in the mid 80s she turned to Keith for help.

And enough that Keith said nice things about them in various Behind the Music and other sorts of documentary stuff especially in the Sound City documentary. And they seemed to have nice things to say about him. No one thinks they were inviting each other over for dinner or hanging out and watching tv but there was a mutual professional friendliness and respect. So that still makes the S&L silence weird. I don't think anyone expects a gushing testimonial, but jeebus and simple tweet to acknowledge his passing seems pretty routine these days.

I think it's been proven that Stevie is "friendly" with a lot of people when she needs her arse bailed out, but otherwise...