View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I've been waiting for someone to comment on this interview. This was the first time I heard this particular interview. I never knew she gave away the royalties to this song. All these years later we've learned she stole the riff of Edge of 17 from a song by The Police. A recent Ledgie mentioned she stole the music to Enchanted from Bob Seger. Stevie admits she stole Little Red Corvette to write Stand Back. I have a master recording of her writing Prettiest Girl in the World right over the actual song, "My Name is Luca," which was a huge hit for another artist. Not hard for me to believe after all this time she could have easily stole parts of Sara from Carol Hinton. I cracked up when she said even if she lost the case she never would have given Carol a dime of the royalties. She claimed had that happened she would have paid out of her own pocket money. Yeah right! LOL
Don't forget writing She Still Loves Him over a Dire Straits song. (which she had to give proper credit for on 24k). And then there was the Tom musical track she wrote over and gave to FM until Tom called her out. I'd have to dig out my old LPs to check but I don't recall people like Mike Campbell being given public credit as cowriters on original releases of her albums (Whole Lotta Trouble, Imperial Hotel etc).

I believe the only thing Carol claimed was that she'd written the words to Sara, as a poem, and sent it to Stevie. There was no music to steal!

She has admitted over the years that her chord repertoire is incredibly limited... her music composing is not her strong suit.