Thread: Get Tusked
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
My overall impression of this book is that Lindsey came in and said we are doing this my way and that's that. But he really had no idea what it was he wanted to do at first. And there were huge chunks of time where he wasn't in the studio and so no one had anything to do but hang out and party. Also it seems Stevie really had to fight to get her songs heard and put on the record because Lindsey either didn't like them or didn't want to do them. Maybe that's why Stevie only has 5 and Lindsey has 9. I think Lindsey probably should have saved a lot of his ideas and songs for his solo album and worked more as a band member. He wanted to be boss and the band let him so he wouldn't leave. I love Tusk and things worked out the way they did, but I can understand the frustration of Ken and John who even had to fight to play his bass parts and then Lindsey would re record them. It just wasn't a good situation for a band. And of course the tension between Stevie and Lindsey. LOL. It's an interesting read and It helped me understand Lindsey a little bit better also. He really wanted to get away from the Rumours sound
Stevies songs are MUCH longer hence she has less songs. If you go buy song length, I bet they are about the same.