View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 05:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
She's always been a rambler. She reminds me of my batty aunt. Usually I find it endearing, but the RRHOF and the Musicare's speeches were cringeworthy.
I saw 24KG 4 times. This last FM tour was the 1st one I've missed since the Dance. I saw LB's solo tour last year--he was as energetic and joyful as always. I loved it. I am torn as to what I will do if Stevie actually solo tours again.
I miss this band. Like another poster said, I used to call them "my band". It saddens me that this is how they will likely end.
I miss the band, too. I also miss coming to The Ledge and reading and writing about FM. There are so many times that I've come to The Ledge for advice about tickets, to read and write reviews of shows, to admire Ledgies whose encyclopedic knowledge of the band and its members is astonishing and a revelation, or just to celebrate these five people who were such significant figures in our lives. I saw 24KG in the theatre, and I, too, have watched it many times; I saw LB's show, bought the BuckVie album, and have supported the band in every way for decades. I believe with all my heart that Stevie was determined to drag MC around, and I only wish she had done this on her solo tours. Waddy would probably have been fine with it, where, of course, she knew LB would not. I think a lot of the vitriol here comes from the fact that many of us are stunned and HURT by the heartlessness of what was done to Lindsey, and then, when he was hospitalized last year, that was the straw that broke the camel's back. As much as I miss them, I just can't even look at them anymore. Sad, indeed.