View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I just commented about the "Stevie never cared for the band the way Lindsey did/still does", and not defending Stevie or anybody. Lindsey left the band in 1987, and that's a fact. I'm not selective in my memories. And I'm not critizing him. He had reasons. Was Tango album that good because he produced it? Sure. Because of Chris singles? Sure. Did he care about the Tango tour success if he left the band? I guess not. Was he a bad guy for that reason? I wouldn't say that.

I just think no one was always 100% innocent in this story. But I'm not surprised about people getting upset about this topic. After 17 months, even the “Why I’m Done with Fleetwood Mac” generates 64 posts so... seems we are not done at all, actually. Well, if drama and tension were always present in Fleetwood Mac, why can't they be in us too?

Speaking for myself, after a several months hiatus (of course because of the april 2018 episode), I'm started to enjoy again listening occasionally my old Rumours lineup material, and that's it. Not interested in the present band nor its future. And not interested in hating any of them; it would give them importance.
I don’t get where’s the relevance in Lindsey leaving the band in 1987 with my comment about him caring more for the band than Stevie. She also left the band in 1990, and that’s also a fact. Touring means money, so yeah, Stevie and Mick definitely cared about touring. Lindsey lost money by leaving the band before touring. If anything, he gained integrity by leaving the band an album they can tour and make money with.

I will never get over what these a$$holes did to Lindsey, especially because he did nothing to deserve it, and that’s also a fact, because in no way are these people protecting him.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.