View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
It is so obvious that the PR machine is working overtime to paint him as a this horrible human being and that he had to go. You know they are grasping at straws
i read general people comments on twitter when this was airing. i think we are all very sensitive and read into every word or clip. in general, the doc makes it clear to a neutral observer that Stevie and Lindsey just didn't get along for decades and that was bringing bad blood when they were in the same room. any neutral observer would be left with the impression that they'd be just as happy (but less rich) if Stevie was thrown out. throughout the doc the 2 of them are made equally to blame.

of course, we know Lindsey was actually biting his tongue and willing to work it out for the band ("i will stand with my band") while Stevie has been thriving on drama and unhappiness (and some weird revenge for dumping him?) and still seems to be. she doesn't look happy at all.

Christine looks like she's trying too hard to justify to herself why she went with this betrayal of the person who she "loves to bits" and who is her "favorite person to work with" - she's doing it all oh so altruistically for the "pleasure" of the audiences, which in turns gives her "pleasure". she is trying too hard to appease Mick, Stevie, Managers - whoever is insisting on taking digs at Lindsey. having BuckVie clips in there and seeing clearly how happy, fulfilled, and relaxed they all were when Stevie was not around? makes the point all the more clear who is to blame for all the unhappiness going around.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"