View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

okay just my tuppence, but if there is a 'message' being sent in this video, which is completely possible,(beyond showing that he has a loving family and rich personal life- which some think is a message to SN, who knows )to me so far the main message really seems to be that LB is not an invalid stuck in a hospital bed somewhere wasting away. He's with it, he's lucid, he's capable, he's living his life almost the same as before, etc. It's about showing that he's still alive, vital, and productive. He was down but certainly not out, and is working to continue his career as a creative who still has new things to offer.

I think if it was a PR move it was not about the band, rather about HIM and how well he's doing. If he wants to tour again or put out records again, there's things like insurance (this was how Jagger's heart issue was found, through a required insurance physical) but there's also people's perceptions-- fans but also industry folks. This sends a clear signal that he can still get up in front of people and play beautifully. (IE, he could still make money).

With regard to him wearing his usual v-neck teeshirts again, and being all tanned, etc, I gotta say it struck me that his chest hair appears to still be gone. This note has been brought to you by the 17-year-old LB fan who still lurks somewhere deep in my brain.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 05-21-2019 at 03:33 PM..