View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 05:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

People seem to flame her about the shoulder pads and big hair but in 1989 if she did not have big hair and shoulder pads, people would have laughed at her because she would have been so out of style. In 1989 and Tango 1987/88 tour the pads were just sprouting. On her 1991 tour, she practically had a curtain rod going from one shoulder to the other. Then she added gloves which I could not stand. IMHO real rock stars don't wear full gloves on stage. However, her 1991 tour had my favorite backing band. She added another guitarist which really made the band rock. Stevie finally put If Anyone Falls back into the set after not performing it for 2 tours. But nothing was as tacky that it is laughable coolness to add explosions during the beginning of Edge of 17
IMHO the 1989 tour had her the most zonked out because its when klonopin took over and turned the lights out. I think her body adjusted to being lifeless later on. She just stood there in 1989 and even the newspaper the next day asked why she never moved. She had more life the next year when I saw her with the Mac in 1990 dancing a lot on stage. In 1991, she was really out of it but still having fun on stage.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-28-2019 at 05:33 AM..