View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I could buy that if he had been doing a lot of touring, but he just went away for five years. Like, did the songs need an extra year and a half to sound better? At some point, doesn’t a song just have to be done? How many extra oohs, ahs, handclaps, electronic percussion hits, or miscellaneous guitar parts will it take to actually improve the song? At what point is it a major artist achievement or just a grand exercise in self-indulgence?

Those albums were more hobby than career move or artistic statement. Christine’s first solo album was done because she was bored being a housewife with nothing to do while John was on tour and “In The Meantime” was something her nephew basically started.

I totally agree that OOTC is better than Stevie’s albums, but that’s not exactly the point.
We are so relieved you approve. I have to admit, it was a nail biter!

Yeah, he didn't tour nearly 500 dates in three years like Stevie, that workhorse-whippersnapper-miracle worker that she is, working harder than anyone in showbiz, all the way to the rock hall baby!!

Clearly In the Meantime would of been a cultural treasure had Christine had the pure privilege to have you produce it. After all you are our Robert Mandavi of music criticism, our gracious well of music production expertise.

While we are on the topic of just how many oohs and ahhs are really needed, I too often wondered just how many stinkin' stairs did stevie REALLY need to climb in that talk to me video. Right?!

Last edited by BigAl84; 04-03-2019 at 10:30 PM..