View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniette View Post
Perhaps touring is Stevie's way of basking in the glow of her own genius? She does seem a bit of an adulation addict.
Whatever. That doesn’t change the fact that when The Genius decided to tour (about a year after His magnum opus/flop came out), He still needed about as many musicians as Stevie.

Quote:
And she gets a lot more help in the studio than Lindsey, so how many albums would she truly have solo?
Well, she still has two more…

Actually, He still has the fewest overall studio releases of any of the classic lineup, or even present lineup, but who am I to judge?

Quote:
The parameters of your comparison seem a bit arbitrary, as Lindsey has increased his output since then in terms of albums and tours.
And yet He’s still in last place.

Quote:
They all have points to critique from an artistic standpoint, not sure why Lindsey's are so flagrant to you?
They never critiqued Him.

Quote:
I just don't see what the numbers are supposed to prove? Being prolific isn't always a good thing. Lots of artists release albums at a slower pace, and so what? I know plenty of people that would be better served waiting longer between albums, Stevie among them.
So, you’re saying that OOTC and the various GOS songs benefited from being sat on for a half decade or more? I mean, Lindsey left in 1987, and OOTC came out five years later. Did those songs age well? Were they remotely relevant in 1992, save for maybe the Starbucks crowd, which wasn’t a thing back then???

Did “Steal Your Heart Away” sound better in 2003 than it did in 1998? Did any of those songs benefit from at least a five year wait?

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 04-02-2019 at 11:54 PM..